Friday, January 05, 2007

Today on CNN..

My parents always said a good start sets the tone for the rest of your day, now if that were really true, I'd be having a really bad year!

They say bad news make good news stories, I wonder why though. Have you ever wanted to wake up to the face of a man who open fired in a school full of innocent kids or to the graphic images of a war torn country? I know I havent.

Yet, day after day these stories make our front pages and morning news. Granted they're news worthy and should be reported, but do they have to be the burnt toast that goes with my morning coffee? People build towers ..yet I only read about bombs that bring them down..people climb mountains..yet I only read about people who die climbing down..

Maybe its wishful thinking to ask for a permanent change, so how about this..once a week, the Times , CNN , the LA Times and all you providers of our morning manna, decide to change your reporting formats..good news first..good stories later..go on..make my Sunday!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Interesting notion, but a perfect world would be boring too. To love the perfectness, one needs to look past the fallacies!! Gees, that like wisdom-of-the-day :). I don't think I made sense though. I like your thought though!!